Team Dimmick fully understands the hectic nature of the upcoming Holiday Season. Lights need to be hung, the tree decorated, shopping trips galore, and the wrapping of presents. With children on winter break, family and friends visiting, and Holiday events to attend it can be overwhelming. So, why would this be a good time to take on the additional task of selling your home now when you can simply wait for schedules to normalize in the new year? Well…
Here are our top 12 reasons to list your home this Holiday Season:
- Buyers who are foregoing typically low inventory during the Winter Holiday Season aren’t just browsing, they are seriously looking for a new home.
- With fewer properties to choose from, there is less competition on the market.
- On the other hand, the impending boom of new listings to hit the market in Early 2018 makes the market much more competitive then and lowers the chance of a quick sale.
- Festive holiday decorations and a gloriously lit Christmas tree can make your home look like a winter wonderland.
- Potential home-seekers have much more time for a home search with lengthy winter vacations.
- A tax break before the end of the year can force some buyers into a hurried timeline with pressure to close.
- With fewer homes on the market buyers are much less likely to resist your asking price.
- Numerous people start new jobs or relocate in January. You can capitalize on this upcoming demand for great housing.
- If the goal is to sell your current home before buying a new one, then now is the time to act. Eliminate your contingency before the market is flush with new inventory.
- Typical closings now take up to 60 days. Meaning if you sold your home at the time of this article’s writing (December 1), your home might not close until early February.
- With most everyone sharing these upcoming holidays, showing your home just became much easier to accommodate without having to schedule around work days.
- Selling your lovely home to an appreciative buyer is a great way to spread Holiday Cheer!
The Matt Dimmick Team wishes everyone Happy Holidays and looks forward to working alongside you to serve your Real Estate needs in the upcoming year. Cheers!